Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sweet Sabbath


Another Sunday has come, and I was more than happy to see it. This has been a difficult week, and I was thankful for a day of rest. Tomorrow I will pull out my paint and brushes, attack more weeds, and try to clean house. Today, I let things slide. I think we all owe that to ourselves from time to time. Today I napped, read a book, watched old movies, and baked bread with Bailee. It was a good day.

Tomorrow the paint and brushes, weeds, hoses, and household clutter will return to hound my steps from dawn to well past dusk ... but thank goodness for Sundays and the chance to take a deep breath and recharge!

Good news on the Diana front. This week she will finally be free of her nighttime oxygen. She will transfer to a C-Pap machine. We will NOT miss the $400 price tag of the oxygen every month. We have also decided to refinance the house to take care of some of the medical bills that have added up over the past three years. President Obama may not be spot on with his plans, but I certainly agree that something has to be done about outrageous medical costs and insurance companies that feature themselves as robber barons. After all we have gone through with Diana's back fusion, mom's fall, and my cancer scare - I feel mighty militant! Some of the bills we received went far beyond ridiculous. (Such as $1000 for four days of physical therapy. After that, the insurance company refused to pay any more. "Sorry. Aren't you recovered from your back fusion yet?")

Tomorrow is Diana's birthday. In between painting we are going to bake her cake, take Bailee to a pottery class one of her friends arranged with a local potter, and celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment