Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good News at Last!

I had to start this post with this funny picture of Bailee. She's chomping down on her favorite #4 Slim (just meat and cheese) from Jimmy Johns www.jimmyjohns.com/ (our favorite place for sandwiches). Can you imagine her trying to eat a sub with anything else on it? Good grief, she seems to be dislocating her jaw as it is.

Today we finally got some good news. We get to close on our refinancing of the house in about 6 days. The appraisal is tomorrow (and getting ready for it has been killing me - yesterday I fell down the basement stairs thanks to misjudging the steps with my bifocals). My knee hurts like crazy, but I am still mobile.

We finally can get into our school AND I found a way to access my e-mail. The head tech is changing everyone's passwords (wouldn't it have been nice if he'd told someone), so we have to use a special generic password for now. Our access to the building is limited and there are lots of restrictions to follow. The hardest is the fact that no one under 18 is allowed in the building. That took out the bulk of my helpers! Very frustrating! Hopefully, when the district takes final possession, that restriction will be dropped. Of course, that restriction will HAVE to be dropped by the 20th! It's hard to start school if ALL your students are under 18!

Good friend, Christa, and her husband are picking up their seven month old baby boy this weekend. They have waited so long to adopt! I hope all goes smoothly for them. They will be fantastic parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment