Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rimrock Registration




Today I had the opportunity to help the PTO with registration at Bailee's school. Once again, I was impressed by how the school is run, the fantastic PTO, and the terrific custodial staff that has spent countless hours preparing the building for our students. I was also impressed by the majority of the parents and their children. There will always be a few bad apples in the barrels, the complainers, and the impossible to please ... but as a group - you could not ask for better. Bailee is excited about fifth grade in Mrs. Cook's class. In fact, I noticed that most of the students were excited and looking forward to the new school year. That's pretty high praise.




Diana is starting to work on putting her room together. She has a lot to do this year, as she had to pack up everything last spring so they could replace carpeting and paint. I can see that we will be busy at Hillview for the remainder of the week. She is looking forward to the new school year.

As for me ... I have decided that they must be renaming my school Area 51 Elementary. No information, no admittance, and now - teachers' e-mail has been done away with. We are no longer authorized to use it. I am beginning to think that most of the above caution applies, and I'm starting to feel a bit stressed (okay - I am making plans for a full out nervous breakdown). Being a teacher is a real kick. I love teaching, but the other stuff - not so much. Here's hoping that things will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment