Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Last Days of Summer

This is the last weekend of summer for us. School will be starting on Monday for the teachers in the family. We finally got to go into our new school on Friday (albeit with lots of restrictions - such as no helpers under the age of 18). This is what I saw when I walked into my room. I fought the desire to turn heel and run though. Somehow during the move I lost my matched set of desks (which were replaced by crap from the district warehouse for some unfathomable reason), my podium, several portable white boards, an easel, and a 6 foot table (all belonging to me). We were told "We only brought over what we thought you needed." Nice (and typical).

Thank goodness for the sillies waiting at home. The "Jenkies" (our neighbors) came for dinner and provided a spoony good floor show. Little Bree couldn't manage the spoon, but her smile lit up the room.











Bailee took a photo of another of our favorite sillies - young Caribou. He was napping in his playpen when she took the shot - waking him up in the process. I'll add the caption "What do you want?" for him.



Now, it is back to the rock pile! Hope you all had a good summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment