Sunday, August 23, 2009

On Beyond TIred

This has been a full and busy week. Diana and I worked like crazy (and far beyond crazy) on getting our classrooms ready. I managed to get most of my tasks completed by the date of our Open House (August 19th). We were not able to have an opening meeting with the parents because our gym is not finished yet. That will have to come later. That is just one of the many ways in which this school year has lacked cohesiveness. My students came for their first day on the 20th. It was a very interesting day. The fifth graders did pretty well, but we had many younger students who got lost in this HUGE school. It is a big change (in many ways) for the little ones who came from Harwood Elementary. I know it is cheaper to build large elementary schools - but I prefer the smaller schools we have in Ammon.

Diana (and Bailee) had their Open Houses on August 20th. I don't think I have ever seen Bailee more excited (or nervous). She spent a lot of time getting dressed and making sure she looked "just right." I think that she will have a good school year. The first day for Diana and Bailee is August 24th. I'm glad my first day is over with my kids!

Because of my Open House, I had to miss registration night for Studio One. I was really disappointed by that, as it is always fun to touch base with all the other dance families after the summer. I love our studio, and I really enjoy doing the website for it. Check it out at www.studioone-dance.com. We are doing open auditions for THE NUTCRACKER on September 12th, so anyone can come and try out. Many of the parts do not require a great deal of dance experience and include parts for itty bitties and adults. It's a great Christmas experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment