Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another Supid Idea of Mine

The walls really did need to be painted. This is my new mantra. I repeat it to myself at least hourly. Sometimes I repeat it minute by minute. The fact is, painting looks great when it is done but is a horrific mess while in progress. We are in the "in progress" step right now. I am sick of spackling, blue painters' tape, brushes, paint cans, newspaper, drop clothes, and that is all that surrounds me right now. The kitchen and living room are a disaster area (and yes, I am the disaster). Whose idea was it? Mine. Stupid, stupid me.

The walls will need two coats of paint (at least). I curse the builder and the buyer who thought vaulted ceilings were cool. Sometimes I just want to curse. However, I am painting. Little by little, bit by bit. I keep telling myself that at some point in the future (however distant) it will be done, it will look nice, and I will be glad I undertook this project. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment