Sunday, July 18, 2010

Monday, Monday


It's another Monday morning here in hot Idaho. Thankfully, there is a breeze blowing that is helping somewhat. Predictions are for another hot day though, so I'm trying to map out the activities of the day.

I should choose from one of the following list:


  • clean house

  • weed

  • trim trees

  • work on school curriculum

  • write the brochure for Back-to-School Day

  • update all my websites

  • did I mention clean house?

  • paint the living room

  • water the lawn

  • make a dental appointment

  • make a grocery list for tomorrow and gather coupons

  • write on my book

Now, the problem is that I do not particularly want to do any of those things right now. Sorry, I really don't. For some reason I lack motivation on Monday mornings. A simple reluctance to start the week I suppose. Since I am the family early-riser there's no one to nag me at the moment, so I chose what I see as the easiest of those tasks. Blogging is SO much easier than scrubbing the floor. Also less noisy, so I'm really being thoughtful of my still slumbering family, right? Yeah, I'm afraid I think so too ... lame excuse, but right now I'll take any excuse I can grab.


Getting the new computers up, running, and integrated is a pain. I'm one week into the transition, and I am still working on it. I might have to call out the Geek Squad again, as the Dell doesn't like talking to the Epson printer sometimes. The last thing I need is a moody computer, but my new Dell certainly has proven to be one. It did an automatic reset a few days ago and I lost all the work I'd done to customize it. Very aggravating.


Hadlee continues to be a brat. He staged an escape from the yard last week at midnight and we had to chase him down the street. He's still trying to dig under the fence. I don't know what his problem is, but he has become rather perverse. He's making mom a wreck with his antics. Won't eat, hides in the house and won't come when called, tries to get out of the backyard, etc. I don't know if he just wants more attention or what. Guess we need to call the Dog Whisperer, eh?


I have to go back to school in six weeks. Right now I do not want to go back to school in six weeks. New principal, the reality of the budget cuts, dealing with a ton of changes, and the prospect of a new group of students all have me a little on the gunshy side of things. I'll come around (I always do), but right now - not so much! We did take Bailee shopping for her school supplies. She can't wait for school to start. Diana and I both found it VERY hard to adhere to our vow NOT to spend our money on items for our classrooms. It just didn't seem right or natural to avoid picking up extra supplies, etc. for the school year. Difficult, but we're trying to stick to our decision. Neither one of us cares to subsidize our schools after the state cut our pay. Considering I habitually spend one to two thousand dollars a year in my room, the impact is going to be a big one. I know I'm hurting my students - but we had to choose between our family and our students. Sorry. No contest. The legislators will just have to live with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment