Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hello July

It's July first. What I always think of as the hot month. I don't particularly care for hot, and I don't particularly care for July. It's kind of the February of the summer months. I'm not a big fan of Independence Day ... so I don't even have that. Luckily, I have many projects planned for the month, and I am determined to make the most of it!

Bailee is practicing for the parade every night for two hours. She comes home pretty hot and tired. She's excited about being in the parade though. I'll tell you, that girl just gets "lit" by anything that has to do with dance. Guess it is definitely her passion. Lately we've been catching some heat over Bailee and dance.

1. She dances too much. (Actually, we don't let her dance as much as she wants to.)
2. Dancers don't make enough money. (I know, but when you love something ... well, her parents are teachers. How dumb was that decision for us? You do what you love. If you're lucky, you make money. If not, at least you're happy.)
3. Why are you letting her waste her time on dance? (I've never seen doing something you enjoy as a waste, but she's counting on a dance scholarship to help pay for college.)

We had an exciting thunder storm on Tuesday. The wall cloud was pretty impressive. We had just dropped Bailee off at dance, so had the opportunity to watch it roll in off the desert. There was heavy rain, so at least the van got rinsed off. It smelled wonderful afterward. I LOVE the smell of rain! I'll put up with a great deal of pyrotechnics for that payoff.

As if late freezes were not enough of a challenge - Caribou went out and sat on the tomato plants. How rude! I am now looking at the whole gardening season as a total loss. What a bummer. I always feel like I'm letting my dad down when I fail to have a nice garden. He was such an accomplished gardener. Sure miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment