Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mesa Falls Road Trip


Big Falls Inn - Today
Big Falls Inn - Yesterday

Upper Mesa Falls



Lower Mesa Falls


We took a road trip up to Mesa Falls yesterday. It was a lot of fun - beautiful scenery and very relaxing. The down side was that the camera was dropped and is now nonfunctional. That has trapped the photos within for the time being. We'll see what happens next.

It was a shock to find we had to pay $5 to park at Upper Mesa Falls (yes, it's been a long time since our last visit). We had to go scrounging for cash in the car - so the folks there now have lots of change. Diana enjoyed the displays at the Falls Inn located there. It really looks nice now. Great job of refurbishing.


We also had to stop at the Frost Top Drive In. We have fond memories of stopping here with my dad when he ferried me back and forth between BYU and later my job in Rigby. It was usually a stop on the way home, so the memories were all the happier. These memories are so precious! It reminded me again of how very much I miss my dad. He was the best! I loved all the road trips he took us on and the special memories he created for us. I am so thankful to have them to treasure in my heart now.

1 comment:

  1. Your dad was really special. He was so kind and he loved you all SO much. I miss him too.

    ReplyDelete