Saturday, August 14, 2010

Where is the HOLD Button?


I need to press the HOLD button. I really do. Where is it? Time is going way too fast, and school is approaching before I feel ready for it. Last year left me feeling so beat up that I just haven't recovered yet. :) I need time to slow down. The last two weeks have flown by like a lightning flash. Who needs that? I sure don't.

The hot water heater is finally installed, permitted, inspected, and functioning. Such a relief. Whew! All the red tape is there to make sure things are done right and are safe, but it certainly adds some nice drama. Like our family needs more of that, right?

We went to see the movie SALT this past week. It was really good, but certainly had you going right up until the very last second! What an ending!

We've been working in Bailee's room for the past week. Getting rid of things, organizing, etc. I wish that I could say that we're done ... it won't be long though. We just have to decide on the best organization plan and sort through the toys and games. Stuffy Land has grown to unmanageable proportions, so we need to "thin the herd." That's something Bailee is NOT happy about. I blame Diana. She was a stuffy collector too (and passed on her collection to Bailee when she was little), and feels the same way about all that fiberfill. I'm the heartless and evil super villain in this scenario. Wah-ha-ha-ha! I teach 5th grade, so it's a role I do really well.

Our weather felt an awful lot like FALL last night. I found that kind of exciting. I don't like the pounding heat of summer, so this was like a parole for me. Unfortunately, now that it feels cool enough to actually get out and do things ... well, we're back to that HOLD button. It's probably buried under stuffies!

No comments:

Post a Comment