Thursday, February 18, 2010

You - Get Off My Planet!

I think we all have days when we are, shall we say, irritated with the world (i.e. the people in it). These are days when everyone wants something (usually 20 minutes ago), and expects you to drop everything to deliver it. We all get pushed, pressured, and pounded by demands until some darn fool makes that last demand and ...

That's where the above quote comes in (courtesy of my fellow teacher - Kathy). It really isn't all that rude, really. I look on it as a frank warning to any and all of the imminent meltdown of the person they are badgering. You know, remove yourself while you can or I will take you with me into the coming conflagration. "Run for your life while you still can," is also a good line. Either way, people have been warned. I really can no longer be held responsible.

Thursday night is quickly becoming my least favorite night in the week. Too many tasks are on my plate, and I am often tempted to take said plate and fling it against the nearest wall. Thursday is the night I must - do the church bulletin, take the bulletin in to be printed, update my classroom website (and usually the Studio website as well), write my weekly newsletter home, finish lesson plans (complete with alignment to state standards) for the entire fifth grade, finish all grading that needs to be done, update the computer grade program, update students' Accelerated Reading progress for the week, and pick Bailee up from dance. Other items often are thrown in as well ... which can make quite a stew. I get a bit tense ... and the sad fact of the matter is, I bite. Patience is a lovely virtue, and I usually have an ample amount (you can't teach kids without it - unless you're packing an AK 47), but on Thursday I am OUT! See me tomorrow and I will be happy to smile at you and even be nice. As for today - you've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment