Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year to one and all!

We had our annual New Year's Eve Party last night and are still recovering. Festivities ran until 2 am and we didn't manage to tumble off to dreamland until 4 am. Needless to say, we slept in late.

The Christmas Break has gone by way too fast, and I am dreading the return to the routine of school. I keep reminding myself that I only have four more years left to teach until I can take early retirement. With all the changes in education, I will be glad to go. I love teaching, but I sure hate all the other garbage that has infiltrated the profession since No Child Left Behind. I seriously feel that it has done more damage than good. Teaching isn't about the kids anymore - it's about test scores.

It's snowing pretty heavily today, which I love to see. The more snow, the better. I am secretly hoping we get snowed in! ha ha! Seriously, it is so beautiful! Nothing feels more cozy than a good snowstorm and a warm fire. Happily, we have both.

Silly dog Caribou has had a wonderful holiday. He got to rip up lots of paper on Christmas day (one of his all time favorite activities), he has new toys to play with, and he loves the snow. He promptly went out and made himself a bed out in the firepit. It's quite lovely. He is definitely a "snow dog" through and through. Bailee is determined that someday she will train him to pull her on a sled. I'm sure he has the strength to do so, but he's much more interested in kissing his girl than pulling her.

We've been watching lots of movies over the break. Yesterday we saw "Imagine This" with Eddie Murphy. I am always a little hesitant about his movies (they can really vary in quality), but this one was a nice surprise. It was a great family flick. I recommend it highly.

I hope you all have a wonderful 2010. The way I see it, we have nowhere to go but UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment