Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Rainiest June on Record!


This June was one for the record books! We have had more rain this month than any in recorded history. Since records go back to the 1800s, I feel justified in being impressed. There is no denying that it is wet! The weeds are doing well, the grass is growing at an insane rate, but the flowers hate the excessive moisture and look awful. I guess that is what happens when you choose plants that usually thrive in our desert climate and then change the environmnt on them.


We have finished another week of summer intensive. Bailee had her first experience with "partnering" and was unimpressed. Being touched by a boy is never cool in her eyes, but when the young man (who is also learning this skill for the first time) dropped her - well ... let' just say that she was not amused.


I am getting used to the drive to Pocatello every day, which our frequent rain storms have made interesting. We lucked out on the road construction. They didn't start any until yesterday. Now I can add single lane traffic and hold ups to my driving adventure. I am doing pretty well finding my way around Pocatello, and have found several places to "hang out" while I wait for 3 pm. I'll admit to looking forward to finishing up intensive this week. The final performance will be on the 27th at ISU. In July Bailee will be attending Studio One's dance camp for three weeks. I'm excited about NOT having to gas up so often. As for Bailee, she just loves to dance.


Mom and Diana decided to join the neighborhood for a massive garage sale. Needless to say, the weather is wet, cold, and windy. Doesn't that just figure? They are hoping to make enough to support Diana and Bailee's rather excessive fireworks habit. My two firebugs love the pyrotechnics of the season! As the "lighter of fires" I have my own opinion, but so far they manage to stop short of purchasing the big illegal stuff (heaven knows that enough of our neighbors indulge that there is plenty for them to ooh and ahh over). I have noticed Bailee looking wistfully at the display at Fort Hall (which can sell items not allowed anywhere else). Thus far she hasn't said anything, but I think she is waging a private war with her thirst for fire and her integrity.


We are looking forward to a visit from our dear friend, Marsha, over the holiday. Diana is busy planning adventures (being the epitome of a cruise director) for the week. I hope Marsha has been resting up!

No comments:

Post a Comment