Sunday, June 14, 2009

Post Recital Exhaustion

This is a photo of Bailee backstage. She was practicing her "suave" look for their James Bond number. Try explaining suave to a ten-year-old! I didn't envy her instructor, Casey! She did a great job, but she was so tired! Today she slept until 12:00! After we fed her something, she went back to bed for another two hours. Obviously her little body needed to recharge. I am looking forward to "only" having Summer Intensive practices this week. It will be so nice to have evenings free!


I expeimented with taking pictures backstage during the dress rehearsal. My experiement showed I needed a better camera. Oh well. I did my best. Hopefully I will be able to doctor a few of the photos so that they will be acceptable for the studio website. The backstage moms agreed that we definitely need a section on the secrets to being a dance mom. Few of us realized all the info we had accumulated over the years until we started talking with the "novice" moms. "Oh, didn't you know that ..." Being backstage is a lot of hard work, but fun. You quickly learn that ballet may seem beautiful and ethereal, but it is an intensive physical sport! Enjoy the photos!




Pre-Dance I - These three-year-olds were just too cute! Their number was "I'm Gonna Wash That Man RIght Outta My Hair." They were the delight of the show!



These photos were from the song "My Heart Will Go On." It was heartbreakingly beautiful! Scott and Carli did an amazing job!






One last shot of Bailee in her solo. She was a cute little clown! I really do wish I had a better digital camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment