Sunday, January 1, 2012

Such a Crazy Life

Life is crazy. Really crazy. I have been one really terrible blogger as well. My only excuse? Too little time. School is killing me this year with all its demands. I'm still doing lesson plans and common core standard alignment for the fifth grade, but I am also tackling the following:
  • one of the more difficult classes I've had
  • developing Math Teaching Initiative lessons
  • teaching science to the entire fifth grade
  • teaching the advanced math/language arts intervention group
  • working on the reading committee

I also took on a second job at The Dance Shop. It's owned by the woman who runs Studio One (where Bailee dances). I've learned alot. I work Friday and Saturday nights. It helps pay for dance. I also keep really busy with the studio. We just finished The Nutcracker, and I was involved with costuming, props, and as a dresser. Studio One put on five different shows this year, four of which were for elementary students in Idaho Falls (over 5000 students).

This photo of Aleks, Mary, and Bailee (taken in between performances) really says it all. We were TIRED out.

The holidays found us worn out and sick. Diana came down with the stomach flu on Christmas Eve. Bailee and I came down with colds right after Christmas. Not much fun!

The older girls at Studio One were asked to perform at the Snake River Animal Shelter New Year's Gala. It was quite an experience for Bailee. It was really her first look at how the more affluent folks live. lol Her friend Aleks lent her a semi-formal dress, and as you can see - she's becoming quite a beautiful young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment