Sunday, June 13, 2010

After the Recital

A lousy photo from my equally lousy camera. This is the beginning of Bailee's solo.

Ballerina Bailee backstage. This was the first time Bailee did her own
makeup AND handled all her costume and hair changes without me. It
was different being out in front as part of the audience instead of backstage.


Warmups before the performance being led by Dantzel Cherry (one of Studio One's teachers).

The Studio One Spring performance was last night. Sure wish that all of you could have attended, as it was AWESOME! Bailee was in nine different dances, including a duet and solo. She did a fantastic job. Her dancing ability always takes me by surprise. She is quite the girl. This is the first time she has really pursued jazz and modern dance as well as ballet. It was exciting to see her spreading her wings like this.

My laptop and desktop computer are all feeling "elderly" and have been giving me no end of trouble. Today I had ENOUGH and purchased a Dell laptop from QVC. Between school, writing, church, the studio website and such ... I am VERY dependent on my computers! Sad, but true. I guess that is all part and parcel of the digital age.

Tomorrow it's back to the daily commute to Pocatello for Dance Intensive. Sure hope the weather cooperates so I can work on the garden when I get home! Enough with the rain, wind, and cold already!

No comments:

Post a Comment