Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rain? Seriously?



It has been pouring rain for the past several days.  Yes, you heard me right - rain.  I have been looking out the window in absolute disgust.  Somehow "I'm dreaming of a muddy Christmas" just lacks a great deal.  This rainy weather and the howling wind that is accompanying it is making me quite irritable.  I figure if I have to live in Idaho, then I should at least have snow at the appropriate times of the year.  This rain is ridiculous.  Enough already!


Mom scared the daylights out of us on Friday.  She told me at noon that it hurt when she breathed.  She's had pleurisy numerous times before, and she said that is what it felt like.  Since I had a workday at school, I told her to call me if the pain got worse to call.  It did, and she didn't.  When Bailee got home from school, she was in quite a state.  She got hold of Diana and ratted Grandma out.


Diana dropped Bailee at dance, then headed up to the ER with Grandma.  Yes, this was our fourth trip to the hospital during the month of November.  Not a fun thing at all!  I did my job at the Dance Shop, then drove over to the studio and picked Bailee up.  Together, we headed up to the hospital.


You know ... I seriously think some nurses need a few classes on how to handle people who are in the ER.  It's a given that they are frightened.  Telling them (and their family members) that they might have a blood clot in their lung and could die any minute is NOT good bedside practice!!!!!!!!!  Do these people think?

Thankfully, the CT scan and chest s-ray just showed pleurisy.  Bad enough, but much better than a blood clot or pneumonia.  Grandma has been in a great deal of pain, but is at least breathing easier now.  We are very thankful for that miracle. 

Let me tell you - I do NOT want to see the hospital again for a good long time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment