Thursday, December 30, 2010

Getting Ready for the New Year

It's time to get ready for the New Year. I'm cleaning house for our party tomorrow, but my thoughts are a million miles away from what I'm doing (or should be doing ... since I'm blogging).

I'm thinking about the new year, and I am hoping that it will be better. This year was an improvement on 2009 in regard to school. We now have a great principal, which is a tremendous blessing. I have a wonderful group of kids this year. Another huge change over the gangsters of last year.

Being a teacher is difficult though. It seems that whenever schools are discussed in the media, there are so many people who refer to teachers with derision and animosity (if not downright hatred). There is no respect for what we do. No value placed on our jobs. Now we are facing another huge cut to education, and I just don't know if I can face it. I love my job, but we still have bills to pay. I can see hard decisions to be made in the future.

For that reason I look at the new year with trepidation. I'm praying for a good change, I'm hoping for the best ... but I know that I had better prepare for the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment